Official ACEMCO APU dealerOctober 8, 2015
Air Brake System Maintenance and RepairJanuary 8, 2016
AC service and preventative maintenance are very important. The A/C system may break eventually with usage, hose pipes, tubes may clog and drip if not serviced, causing reduced efficiency heating and cooling capabilities. For AC service, preventative maintenance or other truck repair questions please call us at (770) 755-1516
Regular maintenance and early detection of leaks or damage to your vehicle AC system can save you time and will keep it operating at peak performance!
Indications your A/C system may be having issues:
- If your air conditioning blows only slightly cooler air compared to the exterior air
- Air that blows in smells damp, musty, or like mildew and mold
- Your cabin does not warm up in cold weather, or is just a little warmer than outside
- The defroster takes longer than typical to operate, or does not operate
- Your heater or A/C only functions when driving, not when idling, or quits blowing when the vehicle is stationary
- Your heating system blows cold air, or the air conditioning blows warm air
- Low airflow even at the highest fan setting.
A comprehensive evaluation of heating and A/C system includes:
- Examining the internal controls and blower
- Checking radiator coolant operating temperature, hoses, pressure radiator cap and thermostat
- Inspecting the compressor belt
- Inspecting system and seals for leaks or various other damages.
- A cooling system pressure test
- Verifying the A/C pressure meets manufacturer specifications
- Measuring the interior vent air temperature
Call Status Truck & Trailer Repair for any Heating and AC questions! (770) 755-1516